It is our intent at Homerswood Primary School for the Geography curriculum to provide each pupil with the following:
- Inspire their curiosity, fascination and thinking skills, helping them to gain a broad and balanced view of the world and its people.
- A relevant, broad, vibrant and ambitious curriculum designed to motivate and engage our pupils using a wide variety of topics and themes.
- Help them to achieve their full potential by encouraging high expectations and providing opportunities to explore the ‘Golden Tracks’ that lay the foundation of the whole school curriculum intent through the Geography curriculum.
Allowing pupils to:
- Use and apply their learning in a variety of contexts, laying down solid foundations for future learning.
- Develop knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human processes.
- Deepen their understanding of the interaction between physical and human processes, and the formation and use of landscapes and environments.
We are very excited to welcome you back and look forward to an enjoyable term of geography learning. In classes we are starting the new term with a focus on human and physical geography. Look out for information and updates about the geography learning in each class.
We are very excited to welcome you all back and look forward to an enjoyable term of geography learning. In classes we are starting the year with a focus on locational and place knowledge. Look out for information and updates about the geography learning in each class.
Recycle your Christmas cards 2022!
January is the month to recycle your Christmas cards responsibly or gather them together to reuse in crafts for next Christmas!
It's easy to recycle Christmas cards at Homerswood School to reuse in crafts next year. Simply bring your Christmas cards to school for us to store, until we can use them to create amazing Christmas crafts.